CS4 Demo

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Is the demo available yet then?

No, CS3 should remain the same. The only things that may change are file associations (automatically open in CS4 instead of CS3), but you can change that back. LR will see CS4 as primary editor for as long as it's installed, but there's a workaround for that too.

rcannonp

I think that they just released them today.

Things should stay the same, but sometimes they don't. I remember having issues with GoLive after installing CS3.

I've backed everything up. I guess that I'll just go for it.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I've got CS, CS3 and CS4 all running on my Mac Cannon, and no other problems here.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Have a quick look on John Nack's blog - post from a while back. It was the clearest explanation of 'what's new' that I've seen. Most of the new additions aren't that obvious.

rcannonp

I've looked over all of it. I was hoping that the graphics acceleration would spead up the brushes, but they seemed to actually get slower. I use those a lot, so that's not good for me.

Also, I think that I would have to update the whole Creative Suite, so I would end up paying $6'' just to update Photoshop. I use the other stuff, but not enough to worry about updating them right now.