• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The November 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes the ability to export the same photos as multiple sizes/formats in a single export, content aware fill for panorama edges and more. It does require a catalog format upgrade and there are updated system requirements, so you may want to wait a few days before upgrading.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options (such as TIFF format, renaming and color space), custom sort order on the desktop, copy/paste to multiple photos on iOS and more.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.

CS3 Icons

rcannonp

My first thought when I saw them was that the are really ugly and bland. After I put them in my dock, I got used to them and now find them very functional. They are easily identifiable and stand out well from the other icons in the dock. Anyway, I was looking at them today after looking at some of the member badges here and realized that the case of the second letters is inconsistent. Lightroom has a small caps R while Bridge has a lower case r. Indesign is the only other obvious cap in the Design Premium suite. I can see why they would put a lower case i in Illustrator(the only one that starts with "Adobe") because a san-serif, small cap I or a capital I with a lower case l could be confusing.

It just struck me as funny that a company as entrenched in the design industry as Adobe would be inconsistent on something like that. I should get back to work and stop worrying about stupid stuff like that. At least I'm one post closer to getting rid of that Jm badge.

Ian Farlow

Founder
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I am on the fence regarding the icons. I don't really like them, but I don't hate them, but I can see your point about the inconsistencies.

Oh, and congrats on stepping up in the Lightroom Forums world. Enjoy the new badge!

DonRicklin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Though off topic, it was funny to see even George Jardine and Jeff Schewe, and the like, with Junior Member listings in the early days of the Lab LR Beta Trials, when some of us early starters were already Members or Senior Member due to heavy posting.

:) :)

Don

AnitaD

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
It just struck me as funny that a company as entrenched in the design industry as Adobe would be inconsistent on something like that.
I'm told there's a system to the capitalization of the pneumonics, but I can't figure it out, either!

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Anyway, I was looking at them today after looking at some of the member badges here and realized that the case of the second letters is inconsistent. Lightroom has a small caps R while Bridge has a lower case r.
OH, yeah....!