• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Cropping on an Android Tablet in LR Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleskinghorn

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. Android
While waiting in my doctor's office this morning for an appointment, I processed a good number of photographs in LR Mobile on my Android tablet (it was a very long wait). All the photographs were cropped 4x5 by selecting that in the Aspect drop-down list. When I got home and started to review them for final editing on my desktop in LR CC, I discovered the cropping I had done earlier is actually 2x3 (some were described as custom cropping but were essentially 2x3). The 2x3 cropping description also appeared on my Android phone. Going back to the Android tablet, it appears that selecting 4x5 in the Aspect drop-down list results in a 2x3 crop ; and selecting a 2x3 crop results actually in a 4x5 crop. Other crops I did originally on my desktop appear correctly described on my phone but incorrect on the tablet. Reviewing the cropping by eye, I would say that the 2x3 cropping description is the correct one and that my tablet has it backwards. Any suggestions or comments?

I haven't got an Android tablet to check, but if you are able to consistently reproduce the problem then I suggest you put in a bug report (adding some screenshots would be a good idea) using the link at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back