• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Creative Cloud Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobT

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Just curious. What significance is there in Adobe notifying that the Creative Cloud app has been updated?

I take it as the 'One App to Rule Them All' ;-) Not sure what the Creative Cloud app does except let you know when other apps have updates. It also seems to have a lot of overhead in terms of number of processes on Windows 10 at least
1616326239724.png

I assume changes reflect
1. Changes of products maintained or managed by the app.
2. Changes in Adobe policy (sales, support, maintenance) in relation to Creative Cloud and related applications.
3. Need to maintain the app as would be normal for any app, including bug fixes, new features or new services available to Creative Cloud members.
4. Probably lots more that are not obvious to a CC member.

I suspect there is more effort required to maintain this app than many realise.

I usually have my Creative Cloud app running in the background and I usually shut down every evening and restart in the morning.
So that means Creative Cloud reboots on start up I would say the app updates regularly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 1.19.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 1.19.53 PM.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 99
I know it updates regularly. It keeps telling me when it does it. I'm just curious why Adobe thinks I need to know. I guess I can turn off notifications somewhere. I'll have a look.

The answer might be as simple as: Somebody at Adobe thought you'd want to know.

If Adobe did this without any notification, we would probably see somebody else asking why they did that without saying anything...
Actually, this is the issue I have with the Google apps you can use on Google Drive.
The apps like Google Sheets can change overnight, and you never know it. I would prefer to be notified rather than be surprised.

For me, I really don't care a lot about the Creative Cloud app; but I do care about what it manages.

I have Microsoft Office subscription. It is set to update each app in the suite automatically. Microsoft sees fit to notify me that there has been an update. It is Microsoft’s way of a) keeping me informed b) letting me know that I am getting my money’s worth for may subscription and that Microsoft is not just taking my money and doing nothing. I think the same holds true for Adobe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back