• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

creative cloud repair

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Classic latest version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi guys,
I wonder if you might be able to help me please.

I always open LR from the creative cloud app.
Today a message popped saying creative cloud required a repair, so I clicked repair.
It got stuck at 52%, for over 30 mins.
So I thought I would close that down, and try uninstalling and reinstall.
However when I try this via install/uninstall programs, it says it can not do it?

Before I get in to deep and into a mess :) is there anything else I should try?
Thanks a lot for any help,
Alex

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Oh sorry, forgot to copy in the message, sorry.
1614174692374.png

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi I tried re downloading the creative app, but that also got stuck at 50.5%
Sorry, if this is not the place to ask, its just I have had good advice here in the past :)

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
There are times when a full shutdown followed by a reboot will help in situations like this.
Try a full shutdown.
After startup, try your download again.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi Jim,
thanks for that, I did try again, it was different, it went to 100% but like super quick. The short cut is there but it does not open, I might try Adobe support.
Thanks for your help and tip, cheers Alex

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Reboot's a great idea. If the installer mess continues, Adobe has a CC Cleaner tool to remove everything so you can reinstall it clean.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Yes I had a quick online chat with them yesterday, they were very helpful, but I didnt have time.
They do a remote connection to make it easier, so I will try later this afternoon, when they are all up :)

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi guys,
I just thought I would give a well done to the guys at Adobe.
They did a remote connection, somehow my creative cloud file was somehow corrupted during an update.
It is a bit scary watching someone delete your LR, PS and CC right before your eyes :)
But its all up and running again, all took a good 45mins, as it would not delete!
So I thought that was good service.

Cheers Alex

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi guys,
I just thought I would give a well done to the guys at Adobe.
They did a remote connection, somehow my creative cloud file was somehow corrupted during an update.
It is a bit scary watching someone delete your LR, PS and CC right before your eyes :)
But its all up and running again, all took a good 45mins, as it would not delete!
So I thought that was good service.

Cheers Alex
Thanks for the update; and glad it is working again.