• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Creative Cloud photo deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sing141

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
My 20GB cloud storage is overfull which locks Lightroom so I can't use it. If I delete photo files from the cloud storage are photos in my lightroom catalog also deleted? I'm not using the cloud version of Lightroom. I am using Lightroom classic version.

My 20GB cloud storage is overfull which locks Lightroom so I can't use it. If I delete photo files from the cloud storage are photos in my lightroom catalog also deleted? I'm not using the cloud version of Lightroom. I am using Lightroom classic version.

Photos in your 20Gb plan storage were added by one of the mobile devices. These get sync’d full size to your Lightroom Classic Catalog. They will remain in your local stage and in Lightroom Classic until you delete them from Classic.

However it if you only want to remove them from the Cloud storage , you need to look at the Special Collection called “All Synced Photographs”. If, in Lightroom Classic, you remove photos from “All Synced Photographs”, they will be removed from the Adobe Cloud but not from your LrC catalog and local storage.

Later if you want these photos in the cloud but not in your plan storage, you can add them back to “All Synced Photographs” or one of the collections that sync to the cloud and LrC will upload a proxy image suitable for the cloud and it will be stored outside of your 20GB plan for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you are saying. I have deleted everything I can from Adobe creative cloud except photos which wasn't much because I rarely use the creative cloud except when updating Photoshop and lightroom. So I need to delete photos in order to get below the 20GB allowed. I just want to make sure I don't delete any photos from my Lightroom Classic catalog photo files when I delete photos from the Creative Cloud. I guess my question is: Will deleting photos from Creative Cloud also delete them from my LR catalog?

Deleting photos from the cloud will NOT delete them from Lightroom Classic.

As clee01I explained, in Lightroom Classic you can go to the special collection "All Synced Photographs" and remove them from there. Alternatively, you can delete them from the web interface at lightroom.adobe.com, or from any of the mobile clients.

Thanks for your help. It looks like I need to delete a lot of photos from creative cloud. As I understand it, being over 20GB I cannot even open Lightroom until I get below the 20 GB limit.

Deleting photos from the cloud will NOT delete them from Lightroom Classic.

Just a rider on that one... deleting photos from the cloud is ok as long as they've already downloaded to Classic. If the only copy is in the cloud, deleting them would obviously be a bad idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back