• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Creative Cloud not launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilGF

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
So I know from yesterday on my laptop that there is an update for Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC.

Booted up my Windows 10 Desktop PC and the Creative cloud icon Isn't showing, I manually start it, still nothing. I went into both programs for updates and nothing. Rebooted and the issue remains?

Help!

Try signing out and back in to the CC desktop app.

Okay, did a cold boot on the PC, still not loading CC. So I first tried and succeeded reinstalling without installing. Signed in and updated, thanks.

Besides this, this morning also had and issue with my Epson Scanner. Sometimes you just want to use your computer and get things done, foolish me!

Using this you should be able to install as well any previous LR release, just download the proper 'base' + 'update' you desire. Otherwise just go for the latest release/downloads.

I had this exact problem, not able to get latest LR update through Creative Cloud, but instead getting even older, baseline LR6 release when did reinstall through CC app.

To get the latest version properly installed I tried the Adobe chat help.

But that's useless, took them 2h to guide me through various steps and then finishing the support saying "if the problem not resolve on it's own. please contact us in 12h again". As a paying CC subscriber, you got unqualified support from Adobe, unable to resolve problems with software which Adobe created, and you're on your own.

So based on what Adobe chat gave me, and multiple other internet sources I put together these steps which finally worked for me to get the latest LR installed.

Here you go:

1. go to Download Photoshop Lightroom
    • download the full LR installation pack (~700MB)
    • download the update file fo the LR release you want to get to
  2. uninstall your current LR intallation
  3. install the initial full LR pack (first download ~700MB)
  4. if you try to install the update now you will get error saying something in sense that you're not allowed/entitle to upgrade.
    • Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0
    • Find AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat
    • Delete (or rename) this file
    • This is Windows path, so if you have Mac just google location of this file.
  5. Now the update installation will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back