• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Creative Cloud/LR5 & Mac OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blincs

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hello,
I just purchased the Adobe Creative Cloud package (A$9.99/month) for Lightroom and Photoshop.

I operate a MAC OSX 10.6.8 computer.
When I tried to download the LR 5, I get a message that says" you are running an operating system that Lightroom no longer recognises".

I've checked the system requirements on the LR5 download page but don't understand what I require.

In researching the problem I've come across some threads talking about needing 'Mavericks' to download/operate LR 5.

Can anyone here shed any light on what I require, please?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Requirements are here http://www.adobe.com/nz/products/photoshop-lightroom/tech-specs.html so your operating system version should be ok.

What mac are you running ? early intel macs are not fully 64bit so can't run LR5.

from LR Queen website...
Multicore Intel® processor with 64-bit support (that’s all Intel Macs apart from the original Core Duo)

Last edited:
Lightroom 5 needs 10.7 or later, and support for other programs on 10.6.8 is being phased out too. That means it's time to upgrade your OS. As long as your machine will run it, the OS X upgrade is available free in the Apple App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back