• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Creative Cloud Desktop Install 'evaporates'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayef

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I tried to get the latest Lightroom update today and got the message that Creative Cloud Desktop App was missing. I downloaded the installer to replace the Desktop App but when I run creativecloudset-up.exe' it asks for permission and then simply closes down - no error message ... no nothing.

I suspect this may be to do with my recent upgrade to Windows 10 from W7 (which otherwise has been virtually trouble free). It has worked fine on a number of occasions previously but maybe only under W7. I spent 30 mins with Adobe support and he remotely accessed my machine in SafeMode with Networking which he said should fix it. Same result. Adobe are supposed to be ringing back with a supervisor on hand on Monday - but I'm not that hopeful.

Has anybody else encountered this? I am inclined to reinstall W10, as the original W7 install was 2-3 years ago, but not sure if that will help.

If you're going to go as drastic as reinstalling Windows, I'd first try removing Adobe software, running their CC cleaner app and then reinstalling.

Sounded like a sensible move ... I uninstalled LR & PS and ran the cleaner. Then attempted to reinstall the CC Desktop App. The installer still doesn't run (in normal or safe mode) and now I have no LR or PS either :-(

I guess there's no way to recover them other than via the CC app. Very disappointing. Maybe Adobe helpdesk can do something on Monday.

I don't think it has anything to do with Win10. It could be the install app was corrupt. Follow Victoria's CC Cleaner suggestion and D/L a new copy and see if the problem persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back