• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Creative Cloud App cannot update Lightroom (or Photoshop) with Adobe CC Application Updater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternGuy

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Unable to determine - Lightroom 9.?
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have always used the CC app to update the Adobe CC apps - Lightroom, Photoshop, Bridge, etc. It managed to update Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw, but it does not seem to be able to update either Lightroom or Photoshop. It gets to about 97-98% complete and then stops with the message "Update failed" and then displays a <Retry> button. The "Retry" does not work either. Also, it seems to have done away with the previous versions of both as I cannot run either one of them. When I check the "More info", it tells me I have an "Error 146". Clicking on the "Learn more" reference, gives me nothing but a bunch of error codes of some sort. When I click on "Get Help", it goes to along list of error codes where - I can find out more about this code (146) - "Unable to move file". I then follow another path that gives me a bunch of things to try - > I have update to the latest version of the CC App. > ................

Before I follow Adobe down the rabbit hole, I want to know if there is a simple way to resolve this issue that neither product will install properly as it could tale me the better part of half a day to follow their instructions. If anyone has some simpler way of resolving this issue of non-installation, their sharing it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WesternGuy

Yes, I have followed that and, it seems to lead me down the rabbit hole to at least a half a days work to figure out what is happening. I was hoping to avoid that as I was hoping someone might have found a better (faster, easier) (?) solution to that problem. That is all. If they haven't, then I guess its "down the rabbit hole" following Alice, so to speak. Time I really don't have, but I guess I will have to find.

I've not read about a "shortcut" to fix the issue, and if one exists I would have thought that Help article would have been updated to reflect it.

What version of the Adobe Create Cloud are you using? I have mine set to auto-update (just the creative cloud app), so this is the latest version:

Screenshot_15_02_2020__08_51.png

I've not read about a "shortcut" to fix the issue, and if one exists I would have thought that Help article would have been updated to reflect it.

What version of the Adobe Create Cloud are you using? I have mine set to auto-update (just the creative cloud app), so this is the latest version:

View attachment 13987
I am using version 5.0.0.354 and have mine set to "Always Keep Creative Cloud up to date".

Sometimes, creative people find work-arounds that are not always available in the Adobe (or other Software producer's ) sites and Help facility. I am/was hoping that might be the case here - doesn't look like it. I guess I know what I will be doing later tonight and tomorrow.

Is there anyway to download and install the previous version of Lightroom and Photoshop. I know I can get the Windows apps to remove the LR and PS apps, at least I hope so, but is there somewhere on the Adobe site where I can go to download and install the previous versions, or the current versions?

Any insight or thoughts as to how this might work and can I reinstall the apps without losing my catalog, or do I need to save it first. Probably should anyway.

WG

Well, I got it working so that both Lightroom and Photoshop are updated properly and working according to expectations, so far. I do not know exactly what it was that I did to achieve this, but it was a real pain in the (you know what) having to wade through all the various web pages that Adobe placed out there for all to see and follow the instructions on each one. Another example of "The Principle of Non-Use" which says that the person who designed it, built it, etc., never had to use it.

My thanks to Jim for his attempt to provide assistance with this.

WesternGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back