• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Creating Smart collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbeamish1

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System:

Lightroom Version:
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

I am trying to create smart collections. When I enter the criteria I am using keywords with the word grandson as a test.
When the smart collection is create it adds images that do not contain the keyword grandson. In Lightroom the keywords are
Birthday Cake, birthday party, Kansas < United States, Topeka, Tracy Farlow
When I go into photoshop and show the keywords under file info it displays the following keyword
1 - WHO; 1-16 RELATIONSHIP; 3 - WHERE; 3-01 GEOGRAPHIC; 4 - WHEN; 4-03 CELEBRATION; Birthday; Birthday Cake; Friend; Friendship; Grandson; Immediate family; Kansas; North America; Shawn Beamish Jr; Topeka; Tracy Farlow; United States; birthday party

Does anyone have an recommendations? I have deleted all keywords in both places and reentered them in lightroom, but there is no change to the keywords in Photoshop file info

If "grandson" is a child of any other keyword, those parent keywords will be included too. Also All of the keyword associated with a selected image will be included when you export or create a derivative for Photoshop. If there are keywords in your keyword list that you do not want to include on export, you need to set them as such using the keyword edit function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back