• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Creating Proof Copy of a Virtual Copy reverts Before state to Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

psiman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
In LR 5.7 if I create a Proof Copy of a Virtual Copy the Before state for the Before and After views always defaults back to the Master image rather than the Virtual Copy I want to print. I know I can change this by clicking on the drop down by the Before state underneath the proofing windows but is there any way of changing the default so that the Before state remains the virtual copy?

Thanks,

Simon

Not that I know of, sorry Simon.

I know that everyone will not agree and everyone's workflow is different, but I stopped using Virtual Copies a long time ago. The number of times I have a reason to create a virtual copy compared to the number of images I have in my catalog is trivial.

I just create a duplicate image with a slightly different name (export as Original, selecting the option "Create A New Name", into the existing folder).

One reason I do this is that I might want to use the same image in 2 different projects (which may have different folders) and want to process each completely differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back