• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Web module Creating a Web Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca6enaw

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I created a web gallery, exported it and sent it to myself via email. I am only able to see one picture at a time. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Hi ca6enaw, talk us through who you did this. Was this through the web module? If so, the idea is that you upload the exported gallery to some webspace (e.g. your website) and view it in a web browser.

This is the first time I’ve used the Web module. I was looking for a way to share my images. I don’t have a website, so I’ll have to create one.

Maybe a better option is to share collections? If you are on Classic7 than you must have that option.
1. Make a collection of images that you want to share
2. Publish that collection
3. Make the collection available for others by sharing the link with them. Here is an example: Portfolio Roelof by Roelof Moorlag)

I was looking for a way to share my images.
There are several ways to share images from Lightroom:
  • The Web module, which you have already discovered, which requires you to manage your own web site.
  • Synced and then shared albums / collections, as Roelof refers to above.
  • Adobe Portfolio.
  • Adobe Creative Cloud Express (formerly known as Adobe Spark).
  • Adobe's Behance network.
  • Publish services, to (semi-)automate the process of sending pictures to Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, ...
  • Email directly from Lightroom.
Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, but the Web module is perhaps the least useful (to my mind, anyway).

Maybe a better option is to share collections? If you are on Classic7 than you must have that option.
1. Make a collection of images that you want to share
2. Publish that collection
3. Make the collection available for others by sharing the link with them. Here is an example: Portfolio Roelof by Roelof Moorlag)

I did as you suggested and I liked the results. Thank you.

There are several ways to share images from Lightroom:
  • The Web module, which you have already discovered, which requires you to manage your own web site.
  • Synced and then shared albums / collections, as Roelof refers to above.
  • Adobe Portfolio.
  • Adobe Creative Cloud Express (formerly known as Adobe Spark).
  • Adobe's Behance network.
  • Publish services, to (semi-)automate the process of sending pictures to Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, ...
  • Email directly from Lightroom.
Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, but the Web module is perhaps the least useful (to my mind, anyway).

I think you are right about the Web Module. I created a Collection and shared it. I was happy with the results. I have thought about using Spark and Portfolio. Any pointers before I embark on that?

I created a Collection and shared it. I was happy with the results.
Great! Collections/albums are excellent for sharing groups of photos. Very easy to set up and use. Note that from the web interface there are a few adjustments you can make to how your images display - you can change the background color, change the order, add section dividers and even add text boxes. And in the "Sharing" tab you can enable or disable the ability to allow downloads, show metadata, show location.

I have thought about using Spark and Portfolio. Any pointers before I embark on that?
I've played around with these a bit, but so far collection/album sharing has covered most of my needs. Adobe Portfolio looks great for setting up a public web site, with multiple pages arranged by project or by trip or whatever. There is quite a bit of flexibility for changing the layout. You can use your own domain name (URL) for your Portfolio web site if you wish, and you can create password-protected pages. Adobe handles all the hosting and you get unlimited pages. I really should get around to creating a proper Portfolio site sometime.

Spark is a bit more limited, aimed more at single-page presentations. I created a couple of travel journals using it, but with the recent ability to add text boxes to shared collections/albums, I don't think I will need to use Spark much.

Definitely check them out. Their usefulness to you will depend on what exactly you want to achieve.

Great! Collections/albums are excellent for sharing groups of photos. Very easy to set up and use. Note that from the web interface there are a few adjustments you can make to how your images display - you can change the background color, change the order, add section dividers and even add text boxes. And in the "Sharing" tab you can enable or disable the ability to allow downloads, show metadata, show location.

I've played around with these a bit, but so far collection/album sharing has covered most of my needs. Adobe Portfolio looks great for setting up a public web site, with multiple pages arranged by project or by trip or whatever. There is quite a bit of flexibility for changing the layout. You can use your own domain name (URL) for your Portfolio web site if you wish, and you can create password-protected pages. Adobe handles all the hosting and you get unlimited pages. I really should get around to creating a proper Portfolio site sometime.

Spark is a bit more limited, aimed more at single-page presentations. I created a couple of travel journals using it, but with the recent ability to add text boxes to shared collections/albums, I don't think I will need to use Spark much.

Definitely check them out. Their usefulness to you will depend on what exactly you want to achieve.

Good information. I’ll give the Portfolio a try when I’m between “things to do”. In the meantime, Collections will fill that need to share pictures from an event or place of interest.

Thank you for the detailed response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back