• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Creating a 'structured' Web Gallery based on many folders each containing photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

JezUK

JezUK
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
6.14 Windows 10
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I recently needed to photograph the interior of a 44 bedroom hotel.

I took pictures (100's) from various rooms and locations over several floors and now wish to create a web gallery so that visitors can see using floor plans where I was standing whilst I took those photographs.

I've split all my photos into numbered folders, and now I just want to create a website, using LR, that will take those folders and create a structured web gallery.

Yet all I can find LR seems capable of doing is to create one massive gallery with nothing sorted or grouped at all. Just one long gallery of photos from start to finish.

I can create Smart Collections, to 'capture' the folder names - but somehow I need to let the 'web gallery' process use those to create some kind of structure for my gallery.

Surely this must be able to be done ?? For example, wedding photographers must need to be able to do this, i.e. break down their 1000's of photos into specific 'moments' for their clients to view and choose ?

Any advice please ?

Thanking you in advance.

I don't think that this would be possible with only Lightroom. You need Html to link to the Photos on a floor plan. Use <map ...> to define areas of the floor plan for the links.
Hannes

I don't think that this would be possible with only Lightroom. You need Html to link to the Photos on a floor plan. Use <map ...> to define areas of the floor plan for the links.
Hannes

The website isn't going to be made public and could look really rough and ready - in fact the Index Page could even just be a long list of links to the 120 folders which each hold x number of photos (anything from 1 to 100+). I myself could add a bit of html text on that index page just to put the floor levels as titles etc. I'm not looking for anything fancy which would show a plan with links on that plan to jump to the relevant pages (though I understand what you're saying and it'd be a nice touch, but really not necessary).

I just need something that's a bit more refined than taking 4000 pictures that are in over 100+ folders and making one massive gallery with no breakdown.

A way of displaying all those 4000 photos in folders as a separate gallery for each folder is all I'm looking for.

Make sense ?

Last edited:
With Backlight, I think you'd have to use a separate album for each collection and then index page would show a thumbnail for each collection.. Their forum should be able to fill in the gaps though. The founder (Matthew) has long been a friend of this forum, and has many years experience with both Lightroom and web galleries.

Your post heading conflicts slightly with the profile info, but I assume you don't have a subscription.

If that's not the case, the subscription comes with Portfolio which allows you to create web galleries with multiple albums. If you edit or add/remove pictures in Lightroom, the updating process is more efficient than galleries reliant on export or publish. The albums are also based on collections rather than folders, so the same photo can appear in more than one album, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back