Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 8.4 Release
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi ... been searching around for a solution to something I want to do, but so far no luck. What I want to do is to create a Photoshop layer stack of multiple Lightroom enhanced raw image photos so that the process replicates the Photoshop script "Load Files into Stack...". After editing the images in Lightroom, I have no problem loading them as layers in Photoshop by using the "Open as Layers in Photoshop.." feature. But once in Photoshop I cannot figure out how to stack the photos in the same manner as the "Old Files into Stack" script.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to hoe to do this or where I can locate the information?

Thanks in advance ... Jay-Dee

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Not a bother!
But I would be interested to know your workflow.
Hi Phil ... first off, I was trying to create an animated GIF from a series of photos I took of the full moon rising. I've never created an animated GIF before and I found this web site (How to Make an Animated GIF in Photoshop [Tutorial]) with a good explanation of how to do this. The first step in the instructions state, "Gather the images you want in a separate folder. To upload them into Photoshop, click File > Scripts > Load Files Into Stack."

Well, I had just edited the images in Lightroom (cropping, colour/exposure enhancement, etc.) and if I loaded the files into Photoshop using the above step, it would load the original unedited photos. This meant I needed to save the edited raw images to JPG files, and upload to Photoshop using the script option. That had me thinking about why I couldn't just use the Lightroom menu "Photo > Edit In > Open as Layers in Photoshop".

Once loaded into Photoshop, I tried the following ...
  1. In the Photoshop layers panel, I selected all the layers and then used the menu item "Layers> Arrange > Reverse" to get them is the sequence that the photos were taken.
  2. Once that was done, I skipped to step #2 in the animated GIF creation instructions from the web site above.
So, bottom line ... I didn't need to concern myself about loading the Lightroom edited images into a stack.

KOOL, eh?

Jay-Dee