• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Corrupted 1:1 Previews with 5d Mk2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjamedia

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I took a couple of family images last week with my new Canon 5d MkII and imported them into LR 2.3 (64bit Win Vista64). I also did another shoot of a model (several sets) which were also imported into the same catalog. All pics appeared fine at that stage, even when zooming to create 1:1 renders. I then decided to lose the family pics from my catalog and import them into a separate family catalog. Last night I clicked one of those family images to display 1:1 and the rendering began (takes a few seconds for the large 5d2 images), and upon completing the 1:1 render, the image display became corrupt - displayed as a plain white image with diagonal stripes. It then corrupted the thumbnail also. I clicked on the other family pics from the same import and they did the same thing! Deleting 1:1 previews doesn't fix the thumbnails and again the rendering leaves corrupted previews.

I then went back, creating a new catalog and importing these pics from scratch and again the same result! The other images of the model I mentioned earlier are still fine and the 1:1 renders display perfectly. I have no idea what's going on here. Any ideas?

Paul A

I took a couple of family images last week with my new Canon 5d MkII and imported them into LR 2.3 (64bit Win Vista64). I also did another shoot of a model (several sets) which were also imported into the same catalog. All pics appeared fine at that stage, even when zooming to create 1:1 renders. I then decided to lose the family pics from my catalog and import them into a separate family catalog. Last night I clicked one of those family images to display 1:1 and the rendering began (takes a few seconds for the large 5d2 images), and upon completing the 1:1 render, the image display became corrupt - displayed as a plain white image with diagonal stripes. It then corrupted the thumbnail also. I clicked on the other family pics from the same import and they did the same thing! Deleting 1:1 previews doesn't fix the thumbnails and again the rendering leaves corrupted previews.

I then went back, creating a new catalog and importing these pics from scratch and again the same result! The other images of the model I mentioned earlier are still fine and the 1:1 renders display perfectly. I have no idea what's going on here. Any ideas?

Paul A

no idea what LR might be doing but I would try opening them directly from photoshop to see if it's the files on disk that are corrupt or if it's someting LR is doing

I hope you havent deleted them off the card yet!;)

I'm with Simon - that sounds like the original files have become corrupted somewhere along the line. Most often, card reader or cable, next in line dodgy RAM or dying hard drive....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back