Corrupt photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwarf4ever

Some time ago I found that several of my JPG photos had a white vertical bar, erasing some of the photo, luckily i had backups, so nothing was lost. bit this happened purely by copying and pasting between hard drives, it’s fortunate I noticed , only by accident. Obviously there is no checksum or protection in place to prevent this, wondered if it had happened to anyone else, not sure what the reason was, memory glitche maybe ‍♀️

I always use Chronosync to keep backups up-to-date, it verifies using checksums. Just FWIW!

Never heard of this, lot of money just to sync files, pity such things are not part of the O.S.
may invest though

It's not cheap, and there are others. But I like it not just because it verifies the files, but handles all my backups.

Trying free file sync, with a small donation you get the full version, wonder if this is as good
We're just always pleased when people invest in a robust backup system - it's saved many a disaster!!!

It'll be interesting to see how you get on with Free File Sync. It is one of the ones we recommend in the Classic FAQ book. I'm not sure if it offers byte-for-byte file verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back