• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Corrupt Catalog with no backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdunstan

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Good afternoon,

My business partner and I share various external hard drives and yesterday before I could shut down a LR catalog, she unplugged it and now when I try to open the LR catalog, it says it's corrupt and cannot open the file. I don't have a backup. :(

I've searched online and came across this site. Is there anyone out there that has any insight on how I could get my catalog back?

I use LR 5.7, PC, Windows 7.

Thank you,
Melissa

Hi David. Yes, feel free. Zip it up, use www.wetransfer.com to send it to [email protected] and I'll forward it to my magician at Adobe. They're closed for a couple of weeks, so there will be a bit of a delay unless I can get it working. To be honest, I'm not too hopeful because of the file recovery software, but it's worth a shot.
Hi Victoria,

This is a very old thread. Hopefully you're still active. I have a corrupt Lightroom catalogue and I'm hoping you might be able to help me with it. I am one of the stupid people who hasn't been backing it up too.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Thank you

Paul

Hi Paul

Send it through, we'll look. Also specify the version of Lightroom it's come from.

We'll take a look, Paul, and come back to you.

What makes you think it's corrupt, Paul? Opens fine here? What error messages are you getting?

We will take a look. But as requested before, please do not attach catalogs to Forum posts - details to send to us are in a previous post.

Hi Paul,

Me again. My friend managed to help me fix the issue using this: Recovering corrupt Lightroom catalogs

Thanks again for looking into it for me. I will religiously back up form now on. Have a great weekend

Paul

We'll delete the catalog we got fixed for you then.

Be sure to regularly do backups, not all catalogs can be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back