Corrupt Catalog with no backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdunstan

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Good afternoon,

My business partner and I share various external hard drives and yesterday before I could shut down a LR catalog, she unplugged it and now when I try to open the LR catalog, it says it's corrupt and cannot open the file. I don't have a backup. :(

I've searched online and came across this site. Is there anyone out there that has any insight on how I could get my catalog back?

I use LR 5.7, PC, Windows 7.

Thank you,
Melissa

paulmitchell121177

Hi David. Yes, feel free. Zip it up, use www.wetransfer.com to send it to [email protected] and I'll forward it to my magician at Adobe. They're closed for a couple of weeks, so there will be a bit of a delay unless I can get it working. To be honest, I'm not too hopeful because of the file recovery software, but it's worth a shot.
Hi Victoria,

This is a very old thread. Hopefully you're still active. I have a corrupt Lightroom catalogue and I'm hoping you might be able to help me with it. I am one of the stupid people who hasn't been backing it up too.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Thank you

Paul

paulmitchell121177

Hi Paul,

Me again. My friend managed to help me fix the issue using this: Recovering corrupt Lightroom catalogs

Thanks again for looking into it for me. I will religiously back up form now on. Have a great weekend

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.