• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Just the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes. If you use a custom monitor profile on macOS, note that the Classic performance bug is not yet fixed.

Corrupt Calalog...

gilmour.dickson

Lightroom Version
Ver 10
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi all, hoping for some help. Yes I should have done a more recent back up! So one of my catalogs is totally corrupt. I cannot open it and cannot import it into another catalog. I have spent literally an entire day with sql repair tools and re-creating it and each and every time it fails. Clearly there was a hardware issue between the external HDD and my computer causing the database to corrupt. My backups are relatively ancient and a LOT of work was in that catalog. To be honest I am a bit at my wit's end with LR. There has been so many issues for me over the years. It is very frustrating and potentially a big loss for me. Does anyone know of a service where I can send the catalog to try to get it rebuilt as it is clearly beyond me. Thanks in advance

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
If you'd like to zip it (just the lrcat) and send it using WeTransfer to [email protected] we can take a look and see if Adobe can help. Please send a version before you did SQL work on it.

We recommend backups regularly - hardware issues can happen any time...