• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Copying images from iPhone to LR Classic without using Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce J

Photographer
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 8.4.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
I have a number of photos on an iPhone 7, running iOS 13.3 that were taken using the LR app. The images do not appear in the Photos app. I need to transfer them to my desktop computer so that I can import them into LR Classic, ver. 8.4.1. The problem is that Internet access is very slow and expensive at this location. Is there any way I can use Wi-Fi to transfer the photos?

Select them and Export to Camera Roll is one option.

If internet is slow and expensive, you don't want to use WiFi. Your Phone uses either Cellular internet or your local internet via a WiFi router on your Internet Modem. Your desktop only uses your local internet via the Modem either wired or wireless (WiFI).

You can connect your phone to the desktop via the Lightning cable and import

If the photos in the Lightroom app are only stored in the Lightroom app you can save them to the Camera roll or the local Files folder. Either way will get them to the desktop when connected via the Lightning cable

I swear by PhotoSync an app that runs on your phone and on your computer. It uses a local WiFi network to move photos between the two. It will keep track of what has already been transferred and only move the new items. While it doesn't have any integration into Lightroom, it moves images in and out of user defined folders, I consider that a benefit as I have better control over the import process.

-louie

You can connect your phone to the desktop via the Lightning cable and import

If the photos in the Lightroom app are only stored in the Lightroom app you can save them to the Camera roll or the local Files folder. Either way will get them to the desktop when connected via the Lightning cable

Well, I've recovered some of the photos by saving them to the Camera Roll from the LR app. I used PhotoSync to get them from the phone to the desktop computer. Unfortunately, there are 24 images that the LR app says it cannot transfer. Of course, there is no explanation as to why. Any idea what that's all about? I still have a question about the statement above. If I should succeed in getting them to either the Camera Roll, or the Files are, and connect the phone to my computer with the Lightening wire, how do I transfer to the computer from there?

All sorted! Thanks for everyone's help. It turned out that the LR app did, in fact, transfer the last 24 images . . . very slowly. No idea why these images were so much slower than the others. But, with the application of a little patience, I got them all transferred. Oh, and I discovered that when I plugged the phone into the desktop, I could download directly to my server. Nice to know. Now to get on with processing the images. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back