• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

copying an edited photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Dott

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 10.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'd like to make an unedited copy of a photo that I have edited. I know that edits are undoable but I'd like to keep the currently edited photo and start from scratch using a different edit process, on an original unedited copy. I didn't make a virtual copy prior to making the edits. The question, is it possible to now make an unedited copy? Thanks Rick

Make a Virtual Copy. Then simply reset either the VC to do fresh edits on, or the original (and keep the VC as the edited, but you won't then retain the History Steps).

Paul, thanks for responding. I have looked for a solution for photostock long time.
It feels so good when you find a solution for the thing you've struggled with for a long time. I googled it, and I got some results with endless articles that were completely useless. Every stupid article was about how you should try a few things, but there is never a guarantee that it will work. I hate when stuff like that happens...
Forums are a much better place to look for solutions for problems like this. I will know what to do when I face a similar problem in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back