• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Copy Photos in Collection to External Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stx

Lightroom Version Number
Classic, 9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi. I'm new to LR and have already learned a lot through this site, but I'm still getting used to the folder and collection structure. I've imported photos from several trips into LR. The photos are spread across several folders on an external hard drive. I'd like to move a copy of each of the photos in this collection to a second external HD for a family member, but each of the folders they're scattered around in also has a lot of photos from other occasions that do not belong in this collection. I've made a new folder for the photos on my (2nd) destination hard drive. Is there a way to tell LR to create a copy of each photo in that folder? I'm keeping the collection with its photos in LR, but the second set of photos on the new external HD will not need to be part of the LR catalog. Thanks for any advice on how to build a second set of the photos on the other HD.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Yes, just select the photos in the Collection and Export - this lets you specify an output location.

Reactions: stx
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back