• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Copy (heal or clone) with Spot Removal an area over a white space (constrained)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foyer

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 10
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have a crop here and want to copy (heal or clone) with Spot Removal an area near the white area over the white are:
JNRTAVo.png

Why does it not work?

But it looks like as if it was in the file / image. It is shown in the image (when I export it), so why is it outside the file then? The white area is caused by the guide lines in the Transform panel.

Yes yes, but I'd like to do it with Lightroom. Cannot imagine such easy task cannot be done with it.
Maybe you cannot imagine that, but it's still true. Lightroom can fill empty edges in a panorama (because it creates a new DNG image when merging the panorama) so maybe empty edges because of transformation will also be solved one day, but right now you cannot do this in Lightroom, period.

Is there anything against it to import the tif image again and do the spot removal? Might there occur any quality loss, drawback or so?

Is there anything against it to import the tif image again and do the spot removal? Might there occur any quality loss, drawback or so?
No, 'Edit in Photoshop' brings back the edited TIFF/PSD into Lightroom automatically for exactly that reason: so you can do those edits that Lightroom can't do in Photoshop. The only thing is that it creates an RGB copy of the raw file.

No no, sorry, I meant I edit the image in Lightroom like usual and to make that spot removal I export it (save it to the drive) and then I import the exported image and do the sport removal like usual in Lightroom. I assume, there will be no drawback doing it that way as well, won't it?

I do not want to use Photoshop.

No no, sorry, I meant I edit the image in Lightroom like usual and to make that spot removal I export it (save it to the drive) and then I import the exported image and do the sport removal like usual in Lightroom. I assume, there will be no drawback doing it that way as well, won't it?

I do not want to use Photoshop.
The effect will be the same: you will get a TIFF/PSD copy. I would use Photoshop however. The Photoshop content-aware tools are superior to Lightroom's clone/heal brush.

Above all I do not have any idea of Photoshop, I am not able to use it.

When I change e.g. the exposure after doing some spot removals the spots / area the spots are somehow get visible like this:
Q8HnhcB.png

pLo0T4O.png

Why is it? And how could I avoid that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back