• Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • You may have noticed this website was offline on Saturday 22nd September. Our web host suffered what is known as "a perfect storm". Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. As a result of restoring backups, we appear to have lost about 18 hours of posts, but hopefully nothing more. If your post seems to have been affected, please do repost, and we look forward to helping. If you have any questions, you're welcome to use the Contact Webmaster link on the page footer.
  • Lightroom Classic 7.5 and Lightroom CC 1.5 have just gone live, and there's some exciting mobile updates to follow. And the big news... my Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro book has just been released too!
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro, you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    The book is based on the cloud-native Lightroom CC desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in Lightroom Classic/6.

Copy Edit Settings from One Photo to Another

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I use LR 6, Perpetual.
I have several very similar photos which I think are very good.
I have spent some time editing one and have got it to be exactly where I want it to be.
How do I copy the settings from the completed on to the others ?

Roelof Moorlag

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
You can synchronize the developements from the first image to the rest: Select the developed image first, hit the Cmd key and select all other images. After they all are selected than hit the 'Sync' button (in Develop mode). Now choose only the boxes of the settings you have changed.

ikernel

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
It seems like after upgraded to 7.3.1(windows 7 64bit), The Sync button does't work anymore. (doesn't bring up the window to pick up what I want to sync ).
Tried below things but nothing works.
1. Try to use Copy and Paste Settings but the "Paste settings" is grayed out.
Tried the function on multiple images.
2. Menu Photo/Develop settings/Sync settings. nothing come up.
3. Try purge Raw Camera Cache.
4. Backup . Test integrity before back up , Optimize category after back up.
I am debating whether to downgrade the version or not.
Thanks!

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
It seems like after upgraded to 7.3.1(windows 7 64bit), The Sync button does't work anymore. (doesn't bring up the window to pick up what I want to sync ).
I can not test this because i did not updated my windows system yet. On my macbook it's is working as i described.

I am debating whether to downgrade the version or not.
I received a email a few days ago from Victoria. She wrote "issues should be fixed in the upcoming 7.4 release", so maybe it's worht waiting for it.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I've used Synch in the past 24 hours with the latest version. It's working fine on Windows 10.

Make sure your selected images are highlighted. Try making a minor change to see that the Synch function is working. After Synching, you can watch the progress bar as the settings are applied to each image and a new preview is generated.