• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Copy Auto Settings

IA_Jeff

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic
Operating System
Windows 10
If I change a slider in the Develop module by Shift+Double Clicking the slider, is there a way to copy this to other photos? I do not want to copy the exact setting but rather it apply the same Shift+Double Clicking to the slider. I do the Shift+Double Clicking on my whites and blacks and adjust from there. It would be nice to copy this auto type setting to all photos and then tweak the photos individually.

Thanks
Jeff

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Syncing will not evaluate each file independently. You could try Auto which adjusts B&W clipping automatically for each file but it adjusts several other settings as well. It does a pretty good job. For B&W clipping it does the same thing as you do using Shift+ double clicking. In the Develop module select several files, switch Sync to Auto Sync and apply Auto.

If that doesn't work you can create a preset that reverts all the settings Auto applied except the B&W clipping. That will get you started in a few simple moves.

Also there is a plug-in that lets you control Auto settings. I used it extensively but since Adobe recently corrected the Contrast bug I'm using LR's Auto only to get started and then I tweak files as I go.

IA_Jeff

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Dang, that is what I was afraid was the answer. Thanks for the reply.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Well not all is lost. Select one file and apply Auto. Set all adjustments except B&W to back to zero and create a preset.

1. Select all files
2. Set Sync to Auto Sync
3. Select Auto
4. Select all files again
5. Apply the preset

Now the B&W clipping has been adjusted for all your files in a few minutes. I still encourage you give Auto a try and let it do it's thing for all the adjustments. Since Adobe corrected contrast in version 8.3 it is even better and offers a decent starting point. You can always reverse some some of the settings you don't want adjusted like saturation and vibrance for example and create a preset to reverse only those. No matter what you decide it will be a time saver.