• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Coordinating between two computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrl

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic Version 9.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I use LR Classic on two desktop computers, in different locations. Initially, I imported the catalog from the first computer to the other computer, so I had two identical catalogs. But things being what they are these days, I'm not going out very much to take new photos, so I'm spending most of my photography time going back through my libraries and editing old photos. I do this in both locations. So now I have two catalogs that started out as identical but no longer are. Is there an easy way to mesh the two?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I should add that some of the images I work on (on both computers) wind up as TIFF files (because I go to Photoshop or one of the Nik plug-ins). Is there an easy way to bring those with me to the other computer (without duplicating all of the images in the catalog)?

I switch often between my desktop and my laptop. I use a paid utility called Goodsync to synchronize all kinds of files between the two, not just LR. The key to making this approach work is a rigid discipline about always synchronizing whenever I am going to switch systems.

Do you just sync the catalog using this software. This would allow you to run lightroom classic using the previews, right?

Do you just sync the catalog using this software. This would allow you to run lightroom classic using the previews, right?
I sync the catalog AND the user settings. Catalog is in D:\Photo\Catalog, and user settings are in C:\Users\phil\AppData\Roaming\Adobe . There are three Lightroom sub-folders that I synchronize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back