• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Converting TIFFs to JPEGs without creating JPEG sidecars

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdoak

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I have 80 TIFF files in my catalog that I don't need in that format. JPEG files would be fine and take up a lot less disk space. I tried exporting one as a JPEG and wound up with the JPEG as a sidecar to the TIFF. I certainly don't need that. How to I convert these TIFFs in a way that will let me delete them once I have JPEG version of the files?

Thanks and cheers,

Will

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Check Treat Jpegs as Separate Files and Synchronise the folder where they are. It will then work for future exports as jpeg.Then sort by File Type, select Tiffs and Delete.
Screen Shot 2012-09-09 at 8.30.55 AM.png

willdoak

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Geoff,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I understand how to "synchronize the folder where they are." They're scattered about; I just made a smart collection to find them.

Cheers,

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.