• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Convert Profiles to Presets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazumbo

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have a film simulation profile (not preset) that I love and use a lot. However, one of it's many adjustments is to add a colour tint and I find myself often wanting the rest of it's adjustments but without the colour tint. I am trying to find a way to see which adjustments this profile makes so that I can create my own with the bits I like the most. Trouble is, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. The XMP file for this profile is mostly just garbled letters, so that's no help and I have so far not found a way to convert it to preset so that I could see which adjustments it makes.

Do profiles have access to some additional options that are not available in Lightroom? Because try as I might, I cannot exactly recreate the look of this profile. I always end up with hard colour gradients in the shadows. How are they created in the first place?

Any help would be appreciated. I am using the latest version of Lightroom Classic (11.3) on Windows 10.

If the profile has an .xmp extension, then it's a "creative profile" that contains both Develop settings and one or two LUTs (color lookup tables). The Develop settings will be shown in plain text with perspicuous text, while the LUTs will be encoded as long strings of letters and numbers. If you don't see Develop settings for Tint, Temperature, HSL, Color Grading, or Tone Curve, then the tint you're seeing is being applied by the LUTs, and there's no easy way to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back