Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 10
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
My question for a 'friend' is just that. She saved for some reason ?? her photo scans...250 of them...to jp2 and not jpeg nor as I asked her, to tiff files. My lil young artist friend trying but...
So can Photoshop's latest update happen to be able to do this for me......and....batch process them? Really need for her to get on with it for a show upcoming. Thank you SO much for the input.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Photoshop supports jpeg2000, so it should be able to do this (also in batch via the Image Processor script), but it might not be the easiest way. There are online tools and dedicated utilities that can do this. Just Google for “jp2 to jpg”.

dannymontani

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Thank you Johan for the input. Well......here what I did yesterday and today. Last evening I did find the resources online to do the conversions, yes. Had to try it out. Problem was....with 250 images, you had to upload them all (I found in batches of 10 or so best).....wait...and wait for them to be processed. THEN, you had to click on each and every one to save back to your disk....and wait for the connection, and then click save every time, not a batch process. I quit...after about 50, hence my inquiry. So today, before your answer was seen I went to PS (10) tried to make an 'action' which did not work.....surprisingly. So I looked more, look in through the scripts dialog......as you mentioned and fussed about, finally looking into the 'image processing' script and seeing that it was what I was looking for. BAM..... did a folder of 4 and it worked. Did another batch of 20...done. Did the rest in two batches....finished up. I am so happy with it. It really does work like a charm, easy peasy. I'm not quite sure why you think it would not be easy, but thanks so much again. My friend down the road is a now happpppppy girl.