• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Convert all to Black and White, don't change individual exposures???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillsadam

Hi everyone

so, here's my situation,

did an event last night which took place in 3 different rooms, have tweaked exposures and contrast etc.. for 400 odd photos, I've exported them all as colour and good to go!

now what I'd really love to do is supply a Black and White version of all the images, I know I can change the first one and sync but then exposure etc... will be matched to that image which won't work for later on shots,

Is there a quicker way than going through every image and pressing v? also I would like to quickly undo so that my catalogue is back to colour once they have been exported?

thoughts???

Adam

The way I do this is to select them in Library, and create a new collection (Cmd N / Ctrl N) ticking the box to create new virtual copies. Hit V, and they're all the default black and white.

So you now have the colour master and a B&W virtual copy (with the little turned up corner).

Also, work in Auto Sync mode in Develop. You can select x of these B&Ws which require similar B&W adjustments, and each adjustment applies to all simultaneously and saves you wasting time going through the Sync. Just make sure Film Strip is visible so you don't accidentally adjust images.

John

When you used the Synch function you are presented with a checklist of which parameters you want to synchronize. You can choose one, several or all, so you can, if you wish, synch only the conversion to B/W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back