• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro, you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    The book is based on the cloud-native Lightroom CC desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in Lightroom Classic/6.

Convert all to Black and White, don't change individual exposures???

hillsadam

Hi everyone

so, here's my situation,

did an event last night which took place in 3 different rooms, have tweaked exposures and contrast etc.. for 400 odd photos, I've exported them all as colour and good to go!

now what I'd really love to do is supply a Black and White version of all the images, I know I can change the first one and sync but then exposure etc... will be matched to that image which won't work for later on shots,

Is there a quicker way than going through every image and pressing v? also I would like to quickly undo so that my catalogue is back to colour once they have been exported?

thoughts???

Adam

Lightroom Experience
Power User
The way I do this is to select them in Library, and create a new collection (Cmd N / Ctrl N) ticking the box to create new virtual copies. Hit V, and they're all the default black and white.

So you now have the colour master and a B&W virtual copy (with the little turned up corner).

Also, work in Auto Sync mode in Develop. You can select x of these B&Ws which require similar B&W adjustments, and each adjustment applies to all simultaneously and saves you wasting time going through the Sync. Just make sure Film Strip is visible so you don't accidentally adjust images.

John

tzalman

Lightroom Version
When you used the Synch function you are presented with a checklist of which parameters you want to synchronize. You can choose one, several or all, so you can, if you wish, synch only the conversion to B/W.