• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Controlling what syncs bw Lightroom Classic and CC on my Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Lit

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System:mac high sierra
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom Classic

So my question is this...I am trying to sync Lightroom Classic with my Lightroom app (now rebranded from mobile to CC) on my iPad without having all the crappy iPad/iPhone photos ending up on my Lightroom Classic program on my iMac. Essentially, I'd like a one way street to my iPad from Classic so I can show people my work on my iPad when I'm out and about. Any direction on how to make this happen would be great. Thanks.

Simply put, you can't. There is no selective sync, so everything that you add to any of the syncing apps will sync to all the others. The only way of stopping iPhone pictures from syncing into Classic would be by not putting them into LRmobile in the first place.

I do allow mine to sync into Classic, then I'll decide if they're worth keeping or not. I use Classic as the repository of all my images, irrespective of source, I don't want different groups of images being held only on different devices. Once in Classic, if it's worth keeping then I keep it, otherwise it's deleted from Classic and thus deleted from the phone or tablet.

Jim thanks for the reply, is there then a way to keep snapshots I take on my iPad from ending up in mobile thus preventing the sync to Classic?

If you use the Lightroom camera on the iPad, then no....they'll be automatically added to the LR app on the iPad and thus will upload to the cloud and sync back down to Classic.

If you use the native Apple camera app on the iPad, then you can (in the Lightroom preferences>General tab on the iPad) disable "Auto Add Photos/Videos", that'll stop them being added to Lightroom, i.e. they'll just remain on the Camera Roll, and thus they won't then appear in Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back