• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Contour Design ShuttlePRO question

• Thread starter Deleted member 39308
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Victoria Bampton - I know your settings are posted on the site - but any chance of putting up the settings export file so it can just be imported rather than having to recreate it ourselves?
Sure, here's the Mac ones: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/459889/Shuttle/Lightroom.shuttleSettings
I used to put them on the main web page, but it was a pain to keep testing the Windows version.

Any idea if there's any progress on changing module and changing settings at the same time?
I suggested it to the developer when he came to visit me a couple of months ago, but I haven't heard anything more on it.

Thanks Victoria - kept searching the blog pages to find the links!
I might post my workaround on their forums - perhaps give them a small nudge

I've just read the review by Camera Jabber on the Palette system. Palette Gear Expert Kit Review | Camera Jabber I've commented on their FB page about lack of information in the review about use with LR and asked whether possible to have controls assigned differently in each of the LR modules. I mention it here because if they have cracked it, then it ought to be possible to do the same with the Shuttle Pro. It is over 4x priced of the Shuttle.
Having then looked on the Palette website & watched a video, it seems that you can have different/multiple profiles for LR & thereby set of functions for the controls in each module. However you need to switch between them. Colour coding is helpful touch, but ability to name them also welcome as is use of one of the buttons to toggle to next profile. Palette Gear
In light of this, perhaps Contour might be able to modify their control software to enable similar functionality with readily switchable presets for their Shuttle Pro.

Palette are using the SDK which gives direct access to the sliders, and if I remember rightly, you can use a button to switch between different "sets" of sliders, like you can with the Shuttle. I do have one in my drawer, and reviewed it briefly here: Lightroom gadgets - rest of the field | The Lightroom Queen

Thanks Victoria - I've missed the bit about being able to use button to swap between sets of sliders with the Shuttle, else I wouldn't have flagged it up here, since I thought it was advantageous over Shuttle. I think the Palette is v desk space hungry and not convinced it'll be faster than existing controls.

Hello,

I am developing a lightroom Plugin to support Contour Shuttle native.
Also I am extending Shuttle keys actions:
1. My Plugin will support combination of Shuttle keys pressed: like on keyboard:
Hold one button and press another – separate key combination or “virtual” like Shift, Ctrl, Alt on regular keyboard
2. Key combinations will also be possible with the Jog:
– Hold one Shuttle key and rotate Jog – for example: loop through basic adjustment parameters (Temp, Exposure, Clarity, …)
– Hold another Shuttle key and rotate Jog – some other actions
3. Multiple actions per combination and layout (key assignment) switching:
Press Shuttle key (or Combination) and Lightroom will be switched to Develop module. Shuttle layout will be changed to Development layout.
Please let me know if you are interested in such addon.

Hello,

I am developing a lightroom Plugin to support Contour Shuttle native.
Also I am extending Shuttle keys actions:
1. My Plugin will support combination of Shuttle keys pressed: like on keyboard:
Hold one button and press another – separate key combination or “virtual” like Shift, Ctrl, Alt on regular keyboard
2. Key combinations will also be possible with the Jog:
– Hold one Shuttle key and rotate Jog – for example: loop through basic adjustment parameters (Temp, Exposure, Clarity, …)
– Hold another Shuttle key and rotate Jog – some other actions
3. Multiple actions per combination and layout (key assignment) switching:
Press Shuttle key (or Combination) and Lightroom will be switched to Develop module. Shuttle layout will be changed to Development layout.
Please let me know if you are interested in such addon.
Sounds good. Add in ability to configure, save, and load multiple settings, beyond just Library (?) and Develop, and I would probably buy a Shuttle.

If you could do a deal with Amazon or B&H Photo (US) for a discount on the Shutttle as part of a bundle, then that would be great.

Phil

If you could do a deal with Amazon or B&H Photo (US) for a discount on the Shutttle as part of a bundle, then that would be great.

Phil
Hi Phil,

I am not related to Contour therefore it is impossible to do any deal with Amazon or B&H Photo. I am developing the Lightroom Plugin for myself and open source/free in case if anybody get interested and/or is ready for help.

Sounds good. Add in ability to configure, save, and load multiple settings, beyond just Library (?) and Develop, and I would probably buy a Shuttle.
Actually it is ready. I have no graphical interface to configure, but all settings are stored in text file that could be modified. The Lightroom plugin read the configuration file during every execution.

I understand that editing of file might be not convenient but in the same I do it for free and I have a lot of functionality to be implemented at first.

Configuration file looks:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<cereal>
    <value0 size="dynamic">
        <value0>
            <key>Library</key>
            <value size="dynamic">
                <value0>
                    <key>Jog_Left</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>ActiveDevelopParam = -</value0>
                    </value>
                </value0>
                <value1>
                    <key>Button_9+Jog_Left</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>SwitchAdjustParam = -</value0>
                    </value>
                </value1>
                <value2>
                    <key>Jog_Right</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>ActiveDevelopParam = +</value0>
                    </value>
                </value2>
                <value3>
                    <key>Button_9+Jog_Right</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>SwitchAdjustParam = +</value0>
                    </value>
                </value3>
                <value4>
                    <key>Button_9+Button_7</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>ShuttleSwitchToLibrary</value0>
                        <value1>SwitchToModule = library</value1>
                    </value>
                </value4>
                <value5>
                    <key>Button_9+Button_8</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>ShuttleSwitchToDevelop</value0>
                        <value1>SwitchToModule = develop</value1>
                    </value>
                </value5>
            </value>
        </value0>
        <value1>
            <key>Develop</key>
            <value size="dynamic">
                <value0>
                    <key>Jog_Left</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>ActiveDevelopParam = -</value0>
                    </value>
                </value0>
                <value1>
                    <key>Button_9+Jog_Left</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>SwitchAdjustParam = -</value0>
                    </value>
                </value1>
                <value2>
                    <key>Jog_Right</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>ActiveDevelopParam = +</value0>
                    </value>
                </value2>
                <value3>
                    <key>Button_9+Jog_Right</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>SwitchAdjustParam = +</value0>
                    </value>
                </value3>
                <value4>
                    <key>Button_9+Button_7</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>ShuttleSwitchToLibrary</value0>
                        <value1>SwitchToModule = library</value1>
                    </value>
                </value4>
                <value5>
                    <key>Button_9+Button_8</key>
                    <value size="dynamic">
                        <value0>ShuttleSwitchToDevelop</value0>
                        <value1>SwitchToModule = develop</value1>
                    </value>
                </value5>
            </value>
        </value1>
    </value0>
</cereal>

Hi Phil,

I am not related to Contour therefore it is impossible to do any deal with Amazon or B&H Photo. I am developing the Lightroom Plugin for myself and open source/free in case if anybody get interested and/or is ready for help.
Understood.
Actually it is ready. I have no graphical interface to configure, but all settings are stored in text file that could be modified. The Lightroom plugin read the configuration file during every execution.

I understand that editing of file might be not convenient but in the same I do it for free and I have a lot of functionality to be implemented at first.

I think the geekiest among us would be comfortable editing that file. That would exclude almost everyone on this forum (but not me actually). May I offer some suggestions that would make the XML file editable by the more technical among us, with some technical skills.

Comment every single line that can be edited. XML Comments
Suggest the way to edit this XML file. Is it a simple text editor like Notepad in Windows, or something else?

Victoria, Is it practical to have a forum section devoted to configuration files for this application (or other software that supports hardware assists to Lightroom work)?

Phil Burton

Thanks for new information. I’m definitely interested in getting this going. However I’ve just moved house & all computer gear is in ‘kit’ form in boxes & lots of unattached wiring! Neither do I have internet thanks to BT being their usual selves.... would expect to be up & running in couple of weeks

Hi Everyone,

Finally I get of initial version out: abrilevskiy/LightroomShuttlePro
Works for Windows only since I am Windows user and have no Mac, but may be I will find a way how to make in for Mac also.

Video of plugin was added:

Is anybody using Windows with the Shuttle Pro ? :)
Have anyone tried the Plug-in?

Thanks for doing all of this work for the Shuttle Pro. Sorry for late response, I've been on other tasks and until now have not found time to read what you've done and watch the video. I'm a Mac user, so will not be able to install and test/use at the moment. You mention development of a UI to help change things round, that'd would be really useful for me. I haven't done any computer coding since FORTRAN at University in early 1980s! Though I did think I could follow what you showed in the video & could amend once, I'd got better appreciation of what is going on and how to edit.
I would use Shuttle differently from you, but that's part of its appeal! For instance, I prefer pick & reject, only rarely using star ratings of picture.
Have you found a good increase in speed with the Shuttle controlling exposure & other settings over mouse and slider? If so, is there any difference in finesse?
The other thing I'd like to change would be having it set up for left hand use, so mirroring the functions of thumb buttons, I can see it works well as you've demonstrated it.
Baxter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back