• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Constrain vignetting controls to crop area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Crane

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
The vignetting controls are obviously primarily for correcting lens vignetting but have a secondary use as creative tools for introducing a vignette. Unfortunately this is only useful when no crop is applied and I would like to see an option whereby the vignetting controls could be constrained to the crop region.

Vignetting as an effect rather than as a lens correction is becoming a really popular request now, and it's certainly one I'd like to see too.

Have you filled in the official feature request form Steve? The more requests they get for certain features, the higher up the priority list they are likely to go.

I requested this back the day 1.' was released. I use the Lens Correction tool a lot in PS for this effect on cropped images. Would be great to be able to do it in LR. Eliminate one more sep in PS. Sounds bad that we want to side-step PS, but for me the time to go there for something so simple is a factor on a busy work day.

I would love to have this feature.

Have you put in a feature request to Adobe, that is the best way to have features implemented. Mind you I think they will be working on getting the app up to full speed before adding too much - but I could be wrong, that has been known to happen before!!:lol::lol:

I've just submitted a feature request for this. While filling it in, it occurred to me that there really need to be two independent vignettes that can be applied; one like the current one for correcting lens vignetting and another for applying a creative vignette to the crop area or full frame if there is no crop.

yup... let me add in an amen to this request as well... just realized this was the case...

i guess the work around at the moment is to either do it in photoshop or save the crop as a permanent by exporting and saving it over the original...

yup... let me add in an amen to this request as well... just realized this was the case...

i guess the work around at the moment is to either do it in photoshop or save the crop as a permanent by exporting and saving it over the original...
Lightroom 2 supports "creative vignetting" of the cropped area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back