Considered price for upgrade to 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonyboy

New Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2009
Messages
22
Location
United Kingdom
Before I commit to much to LR 3.' has anybody got a view on the potential cost (UK) to upgrade when it comes on strength?
Regards and compliments of the season to you all :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
 
No one knows because Adobe hasn't said anything.

Any one who states a price is just 1''% guessing based on zero information.
 
Current version 2 has prices set at:
Buy US$299
Upgrade from US$99.

If that is any indication, you can expect the upgrade price to be ~1/3 retail. And of course, only Adobe can say if v3 will sell for the same price as V2.
Usually when Mfgs announce an imminent release of a new version, they will offer a free upgrade to the new version for purchasers of the old version after a certain date. To my knowledge, Adobe has not extended such an offer.

There are much different pricing structures than full retail. An Academic license is about the best way to go if you can qualify.

V3 beta is valid only until April. There is also no assurance that this will be the only beta or that April will be the release date for the final version.
 
These comments are as accurate as you will get until an announcement from Adobe.
 
In the meantime, take a look at the UK LR2 upgrade price to get a rough guesstimate on what it might end up being. That's as close as you'll get to a figure.
 
[quote author=sizzlingbadger link=topic=8716.msg58899#msg58899 date=1262'38687]
In NZ LR is over $7'' it should be about $42' if you do the maths.
[/quote]
Hope you didn't pay that price, it is available for much less than that Nik!!
 
As you're asking about about committing too much to LR 3.' Beta I thought I should ask whether you're aware that any processing you do in LR 3.' Beta now is considered throw-away whether you decide to upgrade or stay with LR 2. In either case there is no commitment from Adobe to allow you to keep any work done in the beta.
 
Hi Steve
Sorry for delay in responding christmas/new year comitments. Yes I had realised that this was a trial package, I was thinking more of whether it was worth the effort of setting up LR3 beta with its own catalogue etc if the cost of the upgrade would not be value for money for me. ???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top