Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Having used only Lightroom 5 for several years, I'm now considering an upgrade but having looked at the options I'd like confirmation of a couple of things.
I assume the option below will allow me to store images off of my pc. (?)
How smoothly is an upgrade - do I need to remove all images from my current version.
Many thanks for your help.
Paul

Lightroom (1 TB)
£9.98/mo

Lightroom on desktop and mobile with other Creative Cloud services.

Having used only Lightroom 5 for several years, I'm now considering an upgrade but having looked at the options I'd like confirmation of a couple of things.
I assume the option below will allow me to store images off of my pc. (?)
How smoothly is an upgrade - do I need to remove all images from my current version.
Many thanks for your help.
Paul

Lightroom (1 TB)
£9.98/mo

Lightroom on desktop and mobile with other Creative Cloud services.
Hi,
There are three plans that Adobe offers, and you should know the differences between them before making a decision on upgrading. Here is a link that compares the plans: Compare plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan .

The main takeaway if do you want LR only (the plan that you have shown above which is sometimes referred to as "Cloudy" since it is primarily cloud-based), or LR and LR Classic (offered under the Photography plan with either 20GB or 1TB of storage). And while the plan that you referenced will offer you 1TB of storage for your images, it does not offer the exact same feature set as LR Classic, which is the successor to your LR5. So, in addition to where you want to store your files (which is a bit more involved because LR Classic offers Smart Previews), you need to decide which version is more in keeping to your workflow.

Good luck,

--Ken

Hi,
There are three plans that Adobe offers, and you should know the differences between them before making a decision on upgrading. Here is a link that compares the plans: Compare plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan .

The main takeaway if do you want LR only (the plan that you have shown above which is sometimes referred to as "Cloudy" since it is primarily cloud-based), or LR and LR Classic (offered under the Photography plan with either 20GB or 1TB of storage). And while the plan that you referenced will offer you 1TB of storage for your images, it does not offer the exact same feature set as LR Classic, which is the successor to your LR5. So, in addition to where you want to store your files (which is a bit more involved because LR Classic offers Smart Previews), you need to decide which version is more in keeping to your workflow.

Good luck,

--Ken

Many thanks for your advice Ken, greatly appreciated.
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back