confused by new forum titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgley

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
seems a simple to understand system has become complicated for some reason that is beyond me.

where do i post a question about performance of my computer with lightroom 4 running on 2 monitors compared to 1 monitor?
I would have put it in general discussion; for the life of me i cannot see where it goes now!

Why don't you just use Managing your Photos & Video. As a matter of fact, if you don't hit the exact right subforum, your post won't be missed, as most of the gurus scan the forums by unread posts anyway.

Beat

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, most people look in most forums; seems even less reason to take a simple thing and make it more complicated; but of course that nothing other than my opinion.

Will go and stick my observations over there, ty.

seems a simple to understand system has become complicated for some reason that is beyond me.

where do i post a question about performance of my computer with lightroom 4 running on 2 monitors compared to 1 monitor?
I would have put it in general discussion; for the life of me i cannot see where it goes now!
Discussion for changing the sub forums has been ongoing (in this sub forum BTW) since July. Too often the 'General Discussion' was used as a catch all and that did not benefit anyone. If you look at the posting weight, General got more posts than any other sub forum when in fact most of those posts should have been somewhere else.
The new forum structure is not any more complicated than the old one only different. And not to say that this is the final structure either.

Thanks for the feedback Simon. The new forum structure isn't final yet, as the guys said. Managing Photos would have been my suggestion too, but maybe we need a more general program subforum too, for installation and performance issues. What do you guys thinks?

Thanks for the feedback Simon. The new forum structure isn't final yet, as the guys said. Managing Photos would have been my suggestion too, but maybe we need a more general program subforum too, for installation and performance issues. What do you guys thinks?
Perhaps this is an area that we should have anticipated last week, especially, with the impending release of LR4. "Lightroom Installation and Performance" would make a good sub forum dealing with the mechanics of the application addressing only the program and not its functionality. I am including this comment over in the "New Subforum Split" discussion.

What don't you like MrGooch? Can you be more specific?

I feel lost. I can never find the right place to enter. Just too many choices. Need to simplify it as before.

I also don't like the changes made to the forum.
You had an opportunity to cast a vote in the "New Subforum Split" discussion. 7 months ago. As Victoria has said, this may not be the final structure, Already we have made some adjustments. If you have suggestions for an alternative you can certainly contribute to that discussion in the other thread.

I don't think we'll be merging them again I'm afraid MrGooch, but if you get stuck, just post in Managing your Photos and we'll move it if needed. I hope we'll all get used to the new setup over time, and I'm sure it'll get tweaked further. If you have any examples of subjects you don't know where to post, let me know and I'll help improve the forum descriptions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back