• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Conflict between Classic CC and OneDrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardH

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 7.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have recently noticed a problem that occurs when editing in Photoshop (using “Edit in Photoshop CC 2018…” from Lightroom). I do most of my editing in LR, rather than PS, so the error may have been around a while, but I have searched the forum and can’t find any other reference to it.
The error occurs on returning to Lightroom. The edited .tif image should be stacked with the original CR2 raw image but it is not. It does show up in Lightroom, but in a duplicate folder. This duplicate folder will have the same folder name as the original but will appear at the root of the folder tree that is visible in Lightroom. See "03-Florence" in image below.
img1.PNG

If I click on this new “duplicate folder, I can see the edited .tif image, but only that image – not the rest that are in that folder. If I view in windows explorer, no new folder has been created and the edited .tif image is in the correct folder with the original raw image. It is just the folder structure in Lightroom that has been corrupted. Syncing folders does not rectify. The only workaround was to “remove” the image from the duplicate folder, then "remove" the duplicate folder before syncing the original folder and stacking the images manually.
I thought originally that the catalogue was corrupt, but I have replicated the error with new catalogues.
If I right-click on the parent folder in Lightroom and select “Show Parent Folder”, then I get an error message as image below.
img2.PNG

It seems that the errors are all due to the images being stored in my OneDrive folder. If I move them all out of OneDrive – or start a new catalogue using images that are not in OneDrive – then everything works perfectly. The catalogues are on a different drive and not in the OneDrive folder, but I have also tried with the catalogue in the OneDrive folder and get the same problem.
Am I alone with this problem? I would ideally like to sync my images to OneDrive.

Thanks in advance for any light that you may be able to shed on this.

This is probably not a problem with OneDrive. It is almost certainly the notorious 'Capitalisation problem'. Somewhere in the folder path you have a folder that exists twice on your hard disk, once with the name you see in Explorer, and once in ALL CAPS. Because Windows is case-insensitive, these folders are one and the same for Windows (that's why you only see one of them in Explorer). But Lightroom is case-sensitive, and so Lightroom shows both. If you search this forum for 'Capitalisation' or 'Case-sensitive', you'll find several threads about it and about how to solve it. If you still need help, let us know.

Thank you. I think you are probably right, as I have now set both OneDrive and Lightroom up on another computer and they work fine together. Problem will be finding the capitalisation error on the other pc. Probably easiest to remove OneDrive and set it up again.
Thanks for the pointer. I can see this is going to be a really useful forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back