(Conditionally) format thumbnails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinky

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
In Aperture I had the option to conditionally format the color of the preview thumbnails. When importing to LR, the thumbnails kept their colors, so LR is at least able to set the color of the thumbnails. Except, I cannot find how to set the color. There is a "color label", but that s just the thin line around the thumbnail image. I am looking for a way to set the color of the grid frame, preferably based on certain conditions. What I would really like is setting the formatting options in a smart collection or based on a certain keyword.
Is there a way to do that ?

In Aperture I had the option to conditionally format the color of the preview thumbnails. When importing to LR, the thumbnails kept their colors, so LR is at least able to set the color of the thumbnails. Except, I cannot find how to set the color. There is a "color label", but that s just the thin line around the thumbnail image. I am looking for a way to set the color of the grid frame, preferably based on certain conditions. What I would really like is setting the formatting options in a smart collection or based on a certain keyword.
Is there a way to do that ?
OK, so I found a way to color the grid cell. Now I'm only looking for a way to do this conditionally (keyword/smart collection based)

Labels are a EXIF field separate from the keyword field. Adobe uses the color label set to assign 5 specific colors plus a color for Other "Custom" labels (white) and a color for "unassigned" or "Unlabeled" images (gray). You can have different color label set but only one can be active at a time. Labels that are not part of the active Color Label Set are assigned the "Custom color". The grid view images have a margin that reflected the colors associated with the currently active color label set and this becomes an accent border when the grid image is selected.
Once you understand how the label field works and how it relates to the active Color Label Set, you may be able to see how this can be used to your advantage in your workflow. I know of no way to conditionally assign a value to the label field (and the color associated with the active Color Label Set.

Lightroom works with either Label Color or Label Text Label text is assigned to an image when the Label Color is assigned based upon the active Color Label Set. Label Color is always assigned based upon the text values in the active Color Label Set.
In the LR Library menu, you can find the Color Label Set. by navigating {Metadata}{Color LabelSet}.

There's no way to apply colour labels automatically - not unless you use a plugin or script. And no, I don't know of one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back