• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Computer not seeing iPhone image > c. 10 days old

John Coveney

John Coveney Photography
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Over the years, I've regularly imported JPEGs from my iPhone 6 (and previous models) simply by connecting it to a USB3 port on my desktop or laptop with the charging cable. I then imported images as I do from CF and SD cards. This has always worked fine. In the last few months, I've noticed that both computers no longer "see" images on the phone that were shot more than about 10-11 days previously. This is the case for LR, Bridge and Windows. All three apps only see the same set of recent images - indicating to me that the issue is common to all three. Importing the images that the computers do "see" works fine to LR & Bridge or by copying and pasting in Windows.

I shoot JPEGs on the iPhone 6 (it can't shoot raw) - its running iOS 10.3.3 - the latest version. Otherwise, the iPhone seems to communicate fine with my computers over this cable - e.g for doing backups to iTunes on my desktop.
The laptop is a Dell 3360 Vostro running Win10
The Desktop is a Dell XPS 8500 running Win 8.1
Both computers are about 4 years old but running fine in all other respects and are up to date on all relevant software incl. LR version 2015.12.

I guess I can "import" older shots from my phone that are not being "seen" by emailing them to myself but this would be slow. Any ideas on why this is happening and on solutions or on quicker workarounds?
Would using LR Mobile solve this? (I don't currently use it).
Thanks John C

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
John,

Re Lr Mobile ..

I do not use Lr mobile myself but Victoria has published several tutorials on Lr Mobile related workflow.

Lightroom mobile - who can use it? | The Lightroom Queen
Lightroom mobile - workflow overview | The Lightroom Queen
Lightroom mobile - how to use the camera and sync with the cloud | The Lightroom Queen
Lightroom mobile - how to add photos from the camera roll | The Lightroom Queen

The index page of Victoria's blog may show a lot more...

Blog | The Lightroom Queen - Tips, Tutorials & Troubleshooting

I rarely use my iPhone for photos and only use email if required to send the occasional image to my desktop so I am not the best to advise on iphone to computer file transfer.

Regards..

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I've been using LRmobile for a while now, and getting iPhone pictures into Lightroom is simplicity itself once you've got things setup correctly.

John Coveney

John Coveney Photography
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
John,

Re Lr Mobile ..

I do not use Lr mobile myself but Victoria has published several tutorials on Lr Mobile related workflow.

Lightroom mobile - who can use it? | The Lightroom Queen
Lightroom mobile - workflow overview | The Lightroom Queen
Lightroom mobile - how to use the camera and sync with the cloud | The Lightroom Queen
Lightroom mobile - how to add photos from the camera roll | The Lightroom Queen

The index page of Victoria's blog may show a lot more...

Blog | The Lightroom Queen - Tips, Tutorials & Troubleshooting

I rarely use my iPhone for photos and only use email if required to send the occasional image to my desktop so I am not the best to advise on iphone to computer file transfer.

Regards..
Thanks, I'll check with Victoria