• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Compatible with plugins & more storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicky

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi guys,

while I'm still waiting for the new Lightroom to install on my machine I was wondering if Adobe mentioned anything about backward-compatibility with plugins and templates? E.g. I'm using Excire to analyze my images, I guess this won't work with the new version.

Another thing that worries me, right now my images are taking roughly 5 TB space. I guess I could squeeze this a lot but I might have a hard time getting it down to 1TB. Of course I will never need all images in the cloud but to my understanding it means that if you like to manage the image with the new Lightroom it has to go to the cloud. Or does Adobe offer additional storage if needed?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Cheers,

quicky

Johan,

No harm in asking. :smug: If nothing else, this entire imbroglio has indicated that some members of this forum are under NDA to Adobe and others are not.:D

I've been on this board for maybe two years now, and I've never seen the level of anger and vitriol directed at Adobe that I am seeing now. And that is not good.:sick:

Phil
It’s definitely not good, and it must have been so predictable for anyone who had prior knowlegde (but could not talk about it because they were under NDA). That must make it extra frustrating for these people to see that all their predictions were correct. And -assuming that Victoria is one of them- your question only rubs it in deeper.

It’s definitely not good, and it must have been so predictable for anyone who had prior knowlegde (but could not talk about it because they were under NDA). That must make it extra frustrating for these people to see that all their predictions were correct. And -assuming that Victoria is one of them- your question only rubs it in deeper.
Actually, based on the supremely bad roll out and how this seems to have an even worse reception than the import dialog box. I wonder if anyone raised red flags, I have read a couple dozen posts by people who obviously had early access. All of them talk about how the new app has X features, is really solid, and is great within its own eco system. But not one stated how it has been integrated to existing workflows. Sort of like this is something on the side. If you are that close to it and think of it that way, and you are not IT oriented it would be easy to miss.
The posts I have read which seem to take Adobe to task the most are by prosumers who are still in IT or retired from IT. I really did not know how many of there are out there. A lot of the professionals just seem pissed at Adobe and have generally simple scathing comments about how Lr CC is just incomplete.

Tim

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I've been on this board for maybe two years now, and I've never seen the level of anger and vitriol directed at Adobe that I am seeing now.
Then you probably were not around for the fiasco that was the release of LR6.0/LRCC2015.0

Then you probably were not around for the fiasco that was the release of LR6.0/LRCC2015.0
No I wasn't. What happened then?

For people who have been into Lr since the first beta this fiasco has an oh too familiar ring to it.

My background is heavy duty IT, but I deal with a lot of photographers. I am always gobsmacked that for professionals, who deal with images every day, their ability to use basic laptop tools to present their images in the best light is so remarkable poor. However, after the regular Adobe fiascos we have experienced, I can understand those who are not so tech savvy been frustrated to a level well above IT professionals, who have a background in trouble shooting this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back