• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Compare mode new bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron.buckstein

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 11.5
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Hi All
I just noticed that Lightroom Classic Compare mode works differently now - When I press the x key to one of the photos within Compare, it applies the x to both images, no matter which one I have selected.
I've always worked like this to mark one of them as a reject...
Has anyone else noticed this?
Cheers Ron

I don't have this problem on my system (Windows 10, LrC 11.5). Only the selected photo is marked as rejected when I press X.

Got Auto Sync enabled? It's a switch at the bottom of the right panel group.

Ah!...Thank you Victoria!
I have just started using AutoSync...that is the issue.

Ron

Auto Sync = the most dangerous tool in Lighroom.

If you neglect to turn it off, and come back later, select 10,000 images, go into develop which then just shows you the active image in the central area and change, say, the WB - you've just changed the WB on 10,000 image which you may not even notice for several days.

Sounds like a great feature right up untill the day you discover that it was on when you made some change that was intended for only one image but it affect many images. Especially as there is no really good way to figure out which images were accidentally changed. Much better to leave it off and then after changing the active image, sync the change to whichever others you want.

just a warning - take it or leave it.

Point taken Califdan!
I've used Lightroom for many years and had never used Auto Sync, but watched some Youtube video where they praised it....
I'll stick to my old ways and keep ability to reject one of two photos in Compare mode.

Auto Sync = the most dangerous tool in Lighroom.
LOL. :D
Most of us have been there at least once and learned the hard way.
I have found that "Speed Kills", in other words, if I edit a lot of photos quickly, sometimes jumping back and forth, I might forget I had autosync on and ruin a group of photos that I had spent some time on.

Or maybe the right old phrase is " Haste makes Waste".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back