• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

compact cell info

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgolin

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
1.x
Lightroom Version Number
6.14 perpetual
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
After a short power outage literally 1ish second after a back-up completed, when starting LR again, I had the proverbial cupboard was bare. LR thought I was starting from scratch; no photos were imported. I accessed the back-up file & LR restored my tens of thousands previous work. That is a very big YAY!

However all the preferences were reset to default (I assume.) Just a pain, but certainly not a catatrophe. The only thing that I can't seem to reset to my liking is getting the .jpg vs .dng extension of the file name to show in the library grid. I often save both versions. I tried all the variations (or at least thought I did) of file name, copy file name, etc, trying to set it, but no luck. What am I missing? Thanking the LR cosmos in advance...

If using the Compact Cells. make sure that either Top Label or Bottom Label is selected (or both), then choose File Extension from the dropdown to be used in the selected label.

If using the Compact Cells. make sure that either Top Label or Bottom Label is selected (or both), then choose File Extension from the dropdown to be used in the selected label.
Jim,
Thanks for the info, but... The 'but' comes from my not being exactly clear in my question, not your answer. I should have said to have both the file name & extension displayed. I apologize for the lack of clarity.
  • I do have both the top & bottom labels checked.
  • From the dropdown list, I can only check either file name or extension but not both.
  • For the time being, or permanently if that's the way it is, I'm using the expanded cell format.

I will shortly put in another separate post, not related to this one, that I just discovered.

Does this work for you?
2020-11-24 12_10_07-Window.png

Note that both the 'label' boxes are ticked.
Edit: Actually, you just need "File Name". That shows the file base name and the extension in this form: name.ext.

Last edited:
I guess I'm not really understanding. If you select "filename" that includes the extension anyway, so why do you need both? However, you CAN have both by setting top label to "filename" and bottom label to "Extension". See attached:

extension.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back