• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Command-line options for LR 2.4?

pjamedia

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I am having a model/shoot database developed and just came up with an idea - I would like for each shoot record in the database to point to the folder containing the RAW images on my hard drive, and to the LR catalog where these images are imported. The theory is: when I locate a shoot record in my database, I can click a 'browse images' button and have it launch lightroom displaying a library view of the images in that folder.

From my database perspective: I would need to store the foldr path and the catalog path with each shoot record. I was then hoping that using this info, I could construct a command line to launch lightroom specifying both the catalog and folder.

Anyone have any idea if LR supports any command line switches which would allow me to achieve this. Or even maybe this is possible using the LR SDK?

Thanks in advance, Paul A

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
If your database already knows the catalog's path, then just double-click the catalog and it will open in Lightroom. As it seem that you use one catalog per model/shoot, then your folders will be right there in the catalog and you can also richt-click a folder to "Show in Explorer"...

sizzlingbadger

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
You could also create shortcuts to the catalogues and put then wherever was appropriate.

pjamedia

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
[quote author=Denis Pagé link=topic=7618.msg52137#msg52137 date=1251122247]
If your database already knows the catalog's path, then just double-click the catalog and it will open in Lightroom. As it seem that you use one catalog per model/shoot, then your folders will be right there in the catalog and you can also richt-click a folder to "Show in Explorer"...
[/quote]

I only have 2 catalogs currently, one with work from 2''7 and an archive catalog with older work, so don't have one for each shoot. I would therefore need to be able to store the path to both my catalog plus the image folder - but guessing there isn't a command line arg which allows you to specify the image folder you want to display at startup.

Thanks for the replies though, Much appreciated as ever, Paul A