• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Colour difference between modules and 'before/after'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Grant

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 11.2 [ 202201281441-a5b5f472 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am finding a noticeable difference between the Library and Develop modules of the colours (reds and blues in particular) of some images recently imported into Lightroom (latest 11.2 version). My import preset only applies the chromatic aberration and lens profile corrections, but otherwise no edits have been carried out. Attached files show screenshots of the same image in the Library module, the Develop module before and after, and the original file viewed in Nikon's NX Studio software. The exported image is closer to the 'after' version. None of the Adobe or camera profiles appear to quite match the 'before' version. Can anyone suggest why I am seeing this difference and why the library module does not show the 'after' colours?

Attachments

• Lighroom_Before.jpg
    Lighroom_Before.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Lightroom_After.jpg
    Lightroom_After.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 113
  • Lightroom_Library module.jpg
    Lightroom_Library module.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Nikon NX Studio.jpg
    Nikon NX Studio.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 118
I see your Library has a "Peter" Quick Develop on. I am not sure why moving to Develop - does not show the changes. Interesting. If you turn off "Peter" Develop - do they look the same then?

Try disabling the GPU. Preferences > Performance > uncheck Use graphics processor.
If that fixes the issue, updating the graphics driver might make it possible to work with the GPU enabled.
If disabling the GPU doesn't help, you probably have a defective or incompatible monitor profile.
Test this by setting your monitor to the sRGB display profile-
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/5abf7c11-8f71-4f6d-801e-2096816f409f
Lightroom-Classic uses different workspaces for Library and Develop, and a suitable monitor profile is needed to display the colors consistently.

I see your Library has a "Peter" Quick Develop on. I am not sure why moving to Develop - does not show the changes. Interesting. If you turn off "Peter" Develop - do they look the same then?
Thank you for your suggestion; I never use 'Quick Develop' but have reset the develop to Defaults and it makes no difference. Library and Develop still show the colours differently.

Try disabling the GPU. Preferences > Performance > uncheck Use graphics processor.
If that fixes the issue, updating the graphics driver might make it possible to work with the GPU enabled.
If disabling the GPU doesn't help, you probably have a defective or incompatible monitor profile.
Test this by setting your monitor to the sRGB display profile-
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/5abf7c11-8f71-4f6d-801e-2096816f409f
Lightroom-Classic uses different workspaces for Library and Develop, and a suitable monitor profile is needed to display the colors consistently.
Thank you for your advice; switching off the GPU does appear to make the image colours consistent between the two modules. I will follow up your suggestions about the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back