• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Color wheel persistent in Develop Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habrin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic CC 8.2
Operating System
  1. Other (please note in thread)
Hello everyone,

Please help, I cannot get any work done. While in the Develop Module the color wheel pops ups every time I click the mouse to make any adjustments or switch modules. It takes 30 minutes to accomplish a task I typically complete in couple minutes. LR has been working fine, no problems until a couple days ago. I have updated the program, restarted the computer, increased the cache size, turned off the the graphics processor, optimized the catalog and cleaned up my computer.... Nothing helped resolve the problem! I have plenty of space on my external drive as well as the internal hard drive. All other programs on the computer work perfectly fine including PS.
Im going nuts trying to figure this out.

I appreciate any help....

My set up...
Using Mac Book Pro
macOS 10.12.6 Sierra
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16G
photos stored on external
catalog stored on external SSD drive

You may want to also try turning off using the graphics processor (Performance tab in preferences) and see if that makes any difference

THANK YOU SO MUCH Johan! Now I can work. Oddly enough the problem remained on the one photograph I was attempting to work on. Since I have only begun edits, I reset the image and now things appear back to normal! Thank you so much for the suggestion.

And thank Califdan, I had tried turning the graphic processor on and off prior to my post with no success as a solution.

Is it always a problem with that specific photo?

Have you tried uninstalling Lightroom, rebooting and then reinstalling Lightroom?

Did you install anything that changes the mouse pointer in any way? This may not be a Lightroom problem.
I have not installed anything new.
Is it always a problem with that specific photo?

Have you tried uninstalling Lightroom, rebooting and then reinstalling Lightroom?
Have not tried reinstalling. Initially it appeared to be photo specific but it is a global LR problem. I will try reinstalling and see if that helps. Thank you both. I'll let you know if that fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back