• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

COLOR SORT FILTER NOT SHOWING

Patty

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
4.x
HI, I am changing from a PC to a Mac and just loaded LR4 on my Mac. The color sort filters are not showing in the filter area, nor is there an option for a color filter in the filter drop down menu.

I am able to give an image a filter color, a star, and a pick and an x, but am unable to sort by any color as that option is not showing. i am able to sort by stars, picks, and x's.

LR4 worked fine on my PC and laptop.

Should I uninstall and reinstall the program or is there an easier fix?

Thank you for your help!

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
In Library Grid view, you should see-
Below the panels on the right of screen-
(and there is a switch at the end of [Custom Filter] box.
ScreenShot464.jpg

and if you have the Filter bar visible above the Grid (press \ to toggle on/off) Click on "Attribute" to see the color filter.
ScreenShot465.jpg

If these are not showing then- yes, a re-install may be needed.

Patty

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
4.x
thank you. nothing was showing. before reinstalling I Somehow was able to turn it on from the sort area in Library mode.