• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Color profile in basic panel not showing, but others are (profile folder missing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cseelye

Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 11.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I created linear profiles for all my cameras and everything was working as expected. Then a major windows 10 crash caused me to clone my backup drive back to my main (C) drive. The cloned copy didn't have the profiles I created so I made new ones. They are stored in C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color. After many attempts re-generating profiles, and closing and launching LR Classic, two of the profiles are now available and working. The third, for my Z7II refuses to show. When the other two were recognized, the were in a sub folder of the color profiles under "profiles". When I look for the profile using a Z7II .Nef image, the expected "profiles" folder is not there.
I'm at my wits end trying to get this last profile to be recognized by LR Classic.
Any suggestions?

Hi cseelye, welcome to the forum.

If these are profiles you're expecting to see in the Profiles popup in the Basic panel, you're putting them in the wrong place. The location you've listed is for ICC profiles, for monitors, printers, etc. and they aren't available in the Basic panel.

The correct location for DCP format profiles is
C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ CameraProfiles \
or XMP format go in the same place but in Settings instead of CameraProfiles folder.

Thanks for your reply. Following your advice I moved all the profiles into the correct folder and everything is working correctly. The only remaining issue is images that previously had any of the profiles applied will need to be updated, LRC complains that the original profiles are missing. Easy enough to do as needed when I do further editing on those.
Thanks again for your help, you saved me hours of googling and following rabbit trails.
-Chris

Do you still have the old computer? Or a backup thereof? If so, you might be able to find and transfer copies of the old profiles.

Unfortunately the old profiles are no longer accessible. The good news is that there are less than 100 files assigned to the original profiles. I'm surprised the replacement profiles weren't the same as the old. I didn't use the same original images to create the exported dng's to run through the profile editor, I guess that makes a difference but I have no clue why that would be the case.
-Chris

They'll have a different ID behind the scenes. I'm glad there's not too many to find anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back