• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again and there's some big feature improvements as well as new lenses and bug fixes! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Import Collections not matching in import "add to Collection" option

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrandt

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 9.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello photographers,

I've found myself in front of some wired behavior from LR.
When importing a small series of pictures, I tried for the first time, to add them to a collection.

Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 20.57.51.jpg

The problem is that, the folder hierarchy and content is in the import window is not matching my actual Collection setup !!
Which is:

Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 21.02.32.jpg

I've reordered & recreated, changed, grouped, etc. my Collections last weekend.
It’s as if LR import feature did not update that.

Any clue what is going on ? Could that be related to a Plugin I installed (I've been installing a few plugins lately).

Thanks,
Alexandre

AlexBrandt

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
In the second screenshot the TRAVEL / VACATIONS collection set is collapsed. That is why you do not see the Canada/USA 2019 subset. Click on the small triangle in front of the set name.

Hello Johan.
That was not the issue. The second screenshot is correct its what I have in Collections pannel in the Library.

The first screenshot is where the issues are. As you can see, it is missing those sets:

- Landscapes
- Architecture
- Still life

while are shown the others ones such as:
- City
- Music
- Travel/Vacations
- Classic Cars

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Do these sets perhaps only contain smart collections? You cannot manually add an image to a smart collection, so those collections do not show in the import dialog (and possibly also not their parent collection sets). Another possibility is that these sets only contain subsets, but no collections. Because your screenshots only show collapsed sets, they don’t give any information about what’s in there.

AlexBrandt

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Do these sets perhaps only contain smart collections? You cannot manually add an image to a smart collection, so those collections do not show in the import dialog (and possibly also not their parent collection sets). Another possibility is that these sets only contain subsets, but no collections. Because your screenshots only show collapsed sets, they don’t give any information about what’s in there.

Hello. I think you pined pointed exactly on what the problem is. Some had smart collections and some had subsets.
Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.